Let me just start off by saying I can’t believe I am turning 20. Over the years I have grown so much as an artist and an individual. That being said, I thought I would share 20 life tips/ lessons learned. After two decades around the sun I’ve picked up a few things. Some are trivial, yet others have a deeper meaning. Hope you enjoy.
- ChapStick must be carried with you at all times.
- Never stop reading books.. ever.
- Go out to dinner alone, it really isn’t that scary.
- The best thing you can buy for yourself is a plane ticket.
- Negativity does nothing but harm the soul.
- Anxiety will always pass.
- You can’t (and will never) please everyone.
- Create freely and often.
- Sing more, laugh more, dance more.
- No one sees your flaws, but you.
- Do more yoga.
- There is more you can learn from the universe alone than pondering your own mind. Be open.
- Try new things often, otherwise you’ll get stuck in a rut.
- Don’t let your “setbacks” hold you back.
- Listen to the news and make up your own mind.
- Continue your education, whatever that may be for you.
- Find your passion and stick with it no matter who tells you to stop.
- There will be people who will have terrible intentions for you. Let them go from your life, but thank them for the experience to grow.
- Write down all of your dreams, hopes, aspirations. Manifest them into existence.
- Nature is medicine.
I want to end this by saying: I am still young, I have much more to learn and I am still growing. I am thankful for every single person who has blessed my existence with their own, even if it was just for a moment. Each of you have made me who I am today, thank you.